Monday, June 23, 2008

Road Trips & More

Just realized I have not posted yet about my trip last week.  It went very well... the roads were good and had no problems during the drive, coming or going.  The singing was excellent and everyone from the audience who came up and commented said everything sounded great... which was good because all the way through the singing I kept hearing one voice from behind me who was way off key the whole time, plus my voice completely gave out when I went for the final note of the last song.

My travel companion wasn't as chatty as I had feared and she slept a bit both ways.  I did hear how much she loves to travel by train and how every place we stopped to eat compared with Denny's.  Tuesday evening after the deal was over and we were walking back to the hotel she was looking for the moon... I looked around and located it.  It had just risen and was still quite low,  big and full.  I then had to explain that yes, they see the same moon in the town she lives that we did there... also further explained that my friends in foreign countries also see the same moon... to which she seemed a bit amazed... rofl.

Saturday my husband celebrated his birthday... I grilled some burgers and baked him a cake (chocolate) to help him celebrate.  It was just him, me, and the kids... I'm sure within the next couple weeks we'll get together with his mom and sisters to celebrate their birthdays (hard to get together because of distance and schedules).  Yes you heard plural birthdays... my husband shares a birthday with two of his sisters as he is a twin and was also born on his older sister's birthday.  Made the paper when he was born as I understand. :)

No comments: